What we do
The Western Melbourne Children and Youth Area Partnership is working to ensure that all children and young people in Western Melbourne have the best start in life.
To achieve our vision, the Partnership has agreed on four priority areas.
- Children reach school ready to learn.
- Children are not abused and/or neglected.
- Children in statutory care experience improved outcomes.
- Young people leave school actively contributing to their community and ready to thrive.
Four place-based working groups have been established to tackle priorities relevant to local communities. These working group aim to bring about sustainable change and provide valuable insights into how systems work and where improvements can be made.
The four working groups are:
- Braybrook: pathways to employment for young people
- Laverton: early years, parenting, youth and food security
- North Melbourne and Flemington: refugee youth
- Werribee: focus on vulnerable young people and parenting
Our Steering Committee meets regularly to determine priorities, how best to achieve them, and consider the measures we need to track to know that we are on target.
For more information or to get involved in one of the working groups, please contact us.